Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Well I'm glad

Obama won. He was not my candidate, Hillary was. But I supported him, canvassed for him, drove people to the polls, and so on. It was very emotional for me to see him win. My wife and I cried when he won and I found John McCain gracious in loss. I hope Obama can find room for both of them in his administration.

Now, we can focus with the four weeks we have left on finishing those pesky things, projects and the like.

https://pantherfile.uwm.edu:443/rhodesm/Instrument Shop/web portal/intro.htm

This is a website I created for the Instrument Shop. It details what it is we do, justifies the purchase of new equipment, begins the metadata cataloging of the shops supplies and includes picture, links to patents and video, both home made and professional linked sites.

As to the metadata. I tried Dublin core, but I was not conversant enough with it, although I use a variant of it to continue for cross referencing our materials, goods, equipment and services. I used the Dublin Core Initiative http://www.dublincore.org/ to use as my template.

No comments: