Saturday, November 1, 2008

HTML


Using dreamweaver, I created a library page. In the intro I bring to the front concepts we will be discussing and how the students can access them (HTML tutorial or PDF) but most of all I try to make it fun for me and the student. I remember very clearly that until I came into SLIS I NEVER USED AN ACADEMIC LIBRARY DATABASE. This is one of the reasons I entered into this program. I graduated Summa Cum Laude and was the class speaker and NEVER used this simple tool. In 18 months I have excelled in Web 2.0 and 3.0 techs. SO I remeber vividly how hard it was when instructors assumed the student knew what EBSCO was (especially non-traditional students),

SO my intro web page has email contacts by name to myself and our assistant librarian. I also included waklib@uwm.edu which gives you access to five librarians and finally a library contact page with physical hours. I make a strong point that the library is never closed, only certain aspects cannot be used during "down" times like checking out a book. However one may put that book on hold ensuring its availability for you when you next come to the library!

No comments: