Saturday, December 13, 2008

Collaboration

I am conducting a fun little experiment. A paper i wrote concerning collaboration on the web is available at https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/msrhodes/635/response/Response.doc

But the fun part comes in Google Docs where I ask you to get involved.
there will be three versions, the one above which is read only, a unmonitored collaboration set with the wiki parameters of Web 2.0 and a third, which I where I believe Web 3.0 will be headed, a moderated and filtered type of interaction with some person with a line of authority based on credentials will ultimately decide what becomes edited into he article with due credit.

My interest really lies if people will work more on the unedited but also uncredited version or the moderated but credited version. This is not science, but it is enough to get me interested in testing this theory quantifiable.

The googledoc site should have been emailed to you.

No comments: